Our everyday lives are extremely demanding and many of us can’t help but feel drained and tired from time to time. Waking up in the morning becomes more and more difficult and completing all the necessary tasks becomes sometimes a chore. But it doesn’t have to be like that! By following these small tips you can revitalize yourself and boost your energy levels:
- Eat 5 meals per day. If you leave your stomach empty for a long period of time, blood sugar levels decrease. This may make you feel weary. A great way to keep your sugar levels stable is to eat a healthy snack every 2-3 hours. Whole grain bread, cheese or salmon and some kind of fruit or vegetable can be an excellent solution that offers you all the necessary nutrients and vitamins and keeps your energy levels up.
- Have a good breakfast. Research suggests that people who eat a nutritious breakfast first thing in the morning report less fatigue and stress during the rest of the day. A breakfast rich in fiber, protein and complex carbohydrates gives you all the energy you need and prevents you from eating unhealthy snacks later on.
- Drink lots of water.Dehydration is one of the main reasons for tiredness and low energy levels. While it may be difficult to run to the water cooler every now and then, carrying a small bottle with you and refilling it regularly can be an excellent way to stay hydrated during the whole day. Remember that by the time you feel thirsty your body has already lost lots of water. So try drinking more or less 8 glasses of water throughout the day.
- Exercise regularly. Exercise is a natural way to boost your energy and feel refreshed. Whenever you practice some kind of sport (swimming, running, trekking, walking, playing basketball or football) lots of oxygen reaches your muscles, heart, brain and the whole of your body. This improves your general health and makes you feel better. Incorporating a 10-20 minute workout in your daily schedule can have a positive impact on your metabolism and general well – being.
- Enjoy the sunshine. Research suggests that exposing yourself daily to the sun for 10-20 minutes can have beneficial effects on your mood, memory and cognitive functions. Sunshine helps the body produce vitamin D while it is the best medicine against depression and mood disorders. Try walking in the sun or sitting outside during a sunny day and enjoy the benefits of sunshine.
Apply some of these tips in your everyday routine and see how it goes! The more you take care of your body the more it will take care of you. So step up and take those actions that will actually make you feel better!